All face-to-face, school-based programs are on hold due to COVID-19 and are under strategic review.
To build on the great work done in schools through our wellbeing programs, we are offering families Family Connect, a free digital program supporting family wellbeing. Family Connect strengthens the home emotional environment. It delivers excellent social and emotional wellbeing outcomes.
All schools need to do is promote it to your families and your school community will benefit. The promo material ready to go, in a variety of formats:
Lift Off! Schools programs are:
- Unique – by providing experiences that engage and skill children and parents together
- Manageable – giving school staff the skills, resources and support needed
- Progressive – providing a developmental journey for students through their school life
- Repeatable – allowing a school to embed social and emotional wellbeing for families into their annual school programming and culture.
Lift Off! Schools includes the following programs:
Four Family Connect circles to be delivered as ‘family homework’ to all students in the school. The circles can be implemented either:
- One a term across 4 terms, OR
- One every two weeks across one term
Read more about Family Connect…
Our NESA accredited, the Teacher Training can be delivered as a whole of staff professional development day or to a select group of teachers representing the three stage cohorts. We recommend running the training at the beginning of the Lift Off! year. Read more about Teacher Training…
We recommend choosing one year group from the stage and making it a whole cohort annual event e.g. Years 2, 4 and 6. (larger schools may run each program more than once a year). Read more about Ready > Steady > Go…
Sixteen friendly parenting tips. Each with a suggested action and cartoon for schools to publish 4 per term across the year in their newsletter, social media and or website.
Participating schools must commit to:
- Coordinate and administer Lift Off! with UA support and mentoring
- Promote Lift Off! : Ready > Steady > Go programs to parents and organise program logistics
- Provide support and facilitation staff for all programs (Uplifting Australia provides a lead facilitator in year 1)
- Host teacher training and ensure relevant teacher attendance
- Publish the Parenting Tips throughout the year
- Implement Family Connect in the whole school (4 times each year).
To find out about our current programs go to our Programs page or Contact us.